Since 2003, CERC has contracted with the Office of Policy and Management (OPM) to provide administrative support and marketing services related to the ongoing activities of the Connecticut Energy Advisory Board (CEAB).
Public Act 07-242, An Act Concerning Electricity and Energy Efficiency, reconstituted CEAB and modified its mission as of June 2007. However, the primary goal for this board remains to encourage competing energy solutions and to provide the opportunity to review multiple energy solutions simultaneously. The CEAB is responsible for identifying and coordinating state energy needs and recommending strategies and solutions to meet those needs in a manner that is not only environmentally responsible, but also meets reasonable cost and reliability criteria.
Members of the CEAB are the Chairman of the Department of Public Utility Control (DPUC); Connecticut’s Consumer Counsel; the Secretary of the OPM; the Commissioners of the Departments of Agriculture (DoAg), Transportation (DOT) and Environmental Protection (DEP); and three appointees each of the Governor, the Speaker of the House, and the President Pro Tempore of the Senate. Rather than hire administrative staff and assume associated overhead, the CEAB decided to issue a Request for Proposal for a contractor to provide administrative services and CERC was selected as the contractor.
In consultation with and on behalf of the CEAB and its subcommittees, CERC has responsibility for the following tasks:
- Making filings in dockets with DPUC, the Connecticut Siting Council, and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).
- Scheduling of regular and special Board meetings, conference calls, workshops, roundtable discussions and public hearings.
- Preparing and disseminating all materials required for sessions specified in # (1.) above.
- Drafting of Board documents and communications as directed by CEAB including assisting in the drafting of CEAB’s annual energy plan for the legislature.
- Printing, duplicating and distributing Board communications.
- Attending and recording proceedings of sessions specified in # (1.) above.
- Securing locations, equipment and furnishings for specified sessions.
- Maintaining records of all Board activities.
- Managing enhancement and maintenance of CEAB Web site.
- Posting Board-approved information on CEAB Web site as directed.
- Draftjng, publishing and disseminating Requests for Proposals, Requests for Qualifications and Requests for Solicitations.
- Developing selection criteria and interview schedules related to all Requests for Proposals, Requests for Qualifications and Requests for Solicitations.
- Performing other miscellaneous administrative tasks as requested by the Board.