CERC is seeking applications for the position of Economist/Research Analyst.
The Connecticut Economic Resource Center, Inc. (CERC) works with businesses of all sizes, municipalities, public agencies, and partners to help them grow their business, identify industries with the best growth prospects, understand market dynamics, and help organizations increase social, physical, and economic value in Connecticut by providing:
- Marketing - comprehensive marketing insight and capabilities from printed materials, promotions and websites, public relations, events, social media and more.
- Research - objective research expertise and data to analyze issues at the local, state, national and global levels, offering a variety of online research products and tools as well as individually designed custom analyses for clients.
- Partner Services - helps organizations increase social, physical and economic value with various services, including business retention and recruitment, research and surveys, branding/marketing/communications, public outreach, engagement and facilitation, commercial real estate, and more.
The Economist/Research Analyst at CERC is responsible for performing research and analysis concerning state, regional and business issues. Participates in a variety of projects including, but not limited to, the following:
- Statistical model design to determine correlations and other relationships among data
- Economic and fiscal impact analyses and feasibility studies of economic development programs or projects
- Demographic, economic, business and fiscal trend analyses, key findings and implications
- Data development and presentation to support business cases
- Benchmarking and best practice studies of regional or local economic performance compared to similar programs, organizations or geographies
- Database maintenance and upgrades based on variable revisions with programming updates as needed
- Surveys to gauge perceptions of business climate or awareness of issues
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, designs, and conducts research to interpret economic relationships
- Devises methods and procedures for collecting and analyzing data, utilizing knowledge of available sources of data and various econometric and sampling techniques
- Compiles demographic, economic and fiscal data relating to various research projects
- Reviews and analyzes economic data to prepare reports detailing results of analyses, and to stay current with economic changes
- Organizes data into report formats and arranges for preparation of graphic illustrations of research findings
- Contributes to key findings, implications and recommendations
- Works with a high deal of computational accuracy
- Has team building and interpersonal skills to maintain effective working relationships
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills
- A graduate degree in economics, computer science or a related field with a good training in statistics and econometrics
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A thorough understanding of Microsoft products including Access, and regression model software (including STATA)
- Experience with economic impact models (including IMPLAN), municipal or state budget analyses, and/or programming languages is a plus
Full-time position occasionally needs attendance at evening or weekend meetings or presentations.
Position and compensation will be offered at an analyst or economist level depending on education and experience. To apply, submit a cover letter and résumé by October 15, 2019 to Natalie Rosenbaum (email@example.com).